TOP TEN ENGLAND RUBGY PLAYERS
The old English heritage of The Kings Arms, leads our amazing local pub to be a real rugby hotspot for fans. Now, during the Six Nations, our team have come together to select the greatest ever England Players.
10. Jeremy Guscott - 65caps '89-'99
Scoring 30 tries in 65 tests, Jeremy was pivotal in helping England achieve back to back 5 Nations in '91&'92.
9. Rory Underwood - 85 caps '84-'86
England's greatest ever try scorer by some distance and remains the most capped England back in history.
8. Lawrence Dallaglio - 85 caps '95-'97
One of a very few to have one both a World cup and Sevens World cup. Lawrence was a powerful and athletic no8.
7. Peter Winterbottom - 58 caps '82-93
Arguably rated as England's greatest ever flanker, a monstrously accurate defender who loved to destroy opposition fly halves.
6. Owen Farrell - 83 caps '12-present
The only player currently playing on our list. Farrell has forged an outstanding career to date, winning multiple titles thus far.
2. Jonny Wilkinson (91 caps '98-'11) Remembered for that kick. But Jonny was a vital cog during England's most successful spell 00-03.
5. Richard Hill - 71 caps, '97-'08
An intelligent, skillful, powerful player, Hill very rarely lost an individual battle. A 2003 World Cup winner.
4. Will Greenwood - 55 caps '97-'04
A mainstay during the successful years under Woodward. Will was a key figure in the Six Nations, Grand Slams, Triple Crowns and the 2003 World Cup victory.
3. Jason Robinson - 51 caps, '01-'07
A speedy, agile, dual-code international player. Robinson scored 28 tries including one in the 2003 World Cup final.
2. Jonny Wilkinson - 91 caps '98-'11
Remembered for that kick. But Jonny was a vital cog during England's most successful spell 00-03.
1. Martin Johnson - 84 caps '93-'03
Winner of 5 five/six nations, 2 Grand Slams and 6 Triple Crowns, topped off by captaining England to World Cup Victory in his last ever international appearance. Not a bad way to bow out of the international scene.